The documentary, “Back to Eden” was very encouraging for us and was one of the means God used to get us into this homesteading journey back in 2014.
We have used the technique, and found some interesting things to add:
- One size does not fit all.
- Plants such as potatoes, sweet potatoes, and sweet peas did well in wood chips as a medium for us.
- We used hay for carrots, lettuce and radishes because they wouldn’t germinate through wood chips.
- Mushroom compost is something you have to purchase and bring on the homestead, but our melons, tomatoes, cucumbers and other vine plants did amazing in this medium.
- For more tips, Noah Sanders has expanded upon this technique on his website, Redeeming the Dirt.
101 total views, 1 views today